Success! I created a “Cottage Life” video. However, if there’s no accompanying music, I’ve violated copyright laws. Again. I did that with the first experimental video I made. If the audio has been removed, please hum or sing along to Bruce Springsteen’s Glory Days.
My mother bought the cottage property twenty-six years ago. Our cottage (by “our” I mean my boys and mine) is located between my two sisters’ cottages. Easy to love thy neighbours… This family compound is a place of much joy, laughter and love. My mother died this past January. What a wonderful legacy she left.
1. We also own property across the lake. We have partnered with a Nature Conservation Agency to ensure this property remains in its natural state – which includes the protection of wildlife habitat. (And as long as the wildlife stays over there, I’m okay with this…)
2. Re: the picture of my mother and my eldest with the fish they caught? My son is an avid fisherman of the “catch and release” sort. For my mother’s sake, they kept these ones. My mom (old school) wanted them fried up for dinner.
3. As well as seeing my sons and nephews, you will also see a few other men in the video. If you happen to wonder if one of these men is my ex, the answer is no. One is my brother-in-law, the others are family friends.
4. You will notice a lot of dogs. I didn’t go out of my way to choose pictures with dogs. They appear in just about every cottage photo. And, yes, there are quite a few of our big old black mutt Major. We still miss him.
5. The music (if it’s still there) may skip. Why? Don’t know. And I don’t know how to fix it. It was fine in the iTunes slideshow.
I hope you enjoy my labour of love…