Wednesday, December 02, 2009
While making the usual blogging rounds, I’ve noted (with an increasing sense of dismay) that Christmas preparations are well underway elsewhere. My home remains in its same old shabby-chic condition without a whiff of fresh pine scent or a hint of added greenery.
“Well begun is half done,” says Mary Poppins but what if you haven’t even started? A slight panic is setting in.
What has yet to be done around here:
1. Christmas cards
2. Outside Christmas lights
3. Indoor Christmas decorations
4. Christmas tree/decorate Christmas tree
5. Christmas shopping (need ideas first)
6. Shortbread, etc. (the “etc.” may be eliminated this year)
7. Drop off of children’s toys
But, hey, I do have a list!
If hearth and home are not prepared for Christmas, will Santa still come? I’ve been such a good girl. Really.