Wednesday, August 13, 2008
My Eventful Day
Some bloggers write a chatty post about what they did on any given day. I’m going to change it up a bit and list all the things I meant to do yesterday but never got around to.
(How boring is this going to be? Read on and see…)
1. Didn’t go to the bank and deposit the (measly) cheque from a publisher. (I’m waiting to make the trip worthwhile.)
2. Didn’t call the repairman to set a date for the front flagstone path repair. (There’s never going to be a good time for this. I am simply delaying the inevitable.)
3. Did not get rid of the dead petunia plant by the front steps. (Died of neglect in a my absence. Thanks, boys.)
4. Did not empty and move the bookcase for the painter who arrives today to repair the water damaged ceilings. (What if it really doesn’t need to be moved? All that wasted effort on my part.)
5. Did not photocopy my driver’s license to send to the accountant for some obscure tax reason. (I forgot.)
With a great imagination, this list could be endless…did not fly to China to see the Olympics, did not ride in a hot air balloon, did not go surfing, did not drive a bus…
Of course, my Did Not Do List begs the question – what did I do yesterday other than perform great feats of procrastination? I won’t bore you with the details, but trust me, whatever I did was better than what I was supposed to be doing.
But I guess you can figure out what I’m doing today.