Jaya J of Pickles n’ Tickles tagged me to list ten random things about myself. I’m quite happy to do this but I’m going to cheat. (That’s one random thing right there – I’m capable of cheating.) I’ve done four of these tags in the past so I’m stealing from those lists. (Yet another random thing – I steal.)
There’s a reason for my filching from past lists – and it’s not laziness. I think of random as being without purpose, objective or meaning. To come up with ten more random things?? How random can one be and still claim to lead a meaningful existence?
(Digression – Wouldn’t it be interesting to tag someone to come up with ten
reasons as to the purpose of their existence? Now, that would be a challenge.)
Anyway, here are the ten random things:
1. I’ve been known to *ahem* emit a burp (or two) at the dinner table. Only amongst family. Never as a guest in someone’s home or in a restaurant. I know my manners but I believe burping is good for you. So do my sons. ;)
2. I carry loose change in my pockets for the homeless.
3. I have a teensy-tiny birthmark on my left inner thigh. I think it looks like a baby duck. I like it.
4. I swear. I find swearing to be extremely useful in blowing off steam. (Only a select few are privy to my foul language.)
5. I wear my watch on my right wrist. I am right handed. In the past I was told numerous times I should wear my watch on my left wrist. Short of losing my right arm, the watch will remain on my right wrist. (So there.)
6. My ears are not pierced. The thought of putting holes in my ears makes me cringe.
7. I don’t like eating crusts and never made my kids eat theirs. Whenever I leave them on the plate (which is most of the time) I think of and miss my dog.
8. I am unable to wear make-up due to my sensitive skin. What the world sees is the real me.
9. See first paragraph of this post.
10. Ditto # 9.
And now I must tag six other bloggers – which I’ve always found difficult to do. How does one choose? Well, this “one” doesn’t. I’ll just open up the “Random Things” tag to anyone who’d like to have a go at it.
Better yet, try creating a “Ten Reasons for the Purpose of My Existence” list. ;)
Photo credit: google images