1. Finally had my car washed. (It’s only been about six months.) Next day – huge bird poop splatter on the windshield. Coincidence? I think not. Why do I bother?
2. If you owed someone a little over $1000.00 – and had the money to do so – wouldn’t you pay up as soon as possible? I would.
3. With this unusual summer-like weather we’re having, I’ve been opening my bedroom windows – and spending the nights sneezing. What’s with the night air? And why have I developed allergies at this point in my life?
4. Still dealing with matters regarding my mother - the latest as to her name being inscribed below my father’s on the cemetery plaque. I realize legal, financial and other such matters will continue for quite awhile. Still, they manage to pack quite a punch.
5. My older sister: (after weighing herself on my scale)
“Your scale is off – it’s about four or five lbs. too light.”
Me: (after my initial “uh-oh”)
“Why can’t you assume it’s correct? That would make you happier and keep me semi-happy.”
5. For the “Books” part of BooksEtc. - recently read and very much enjoyed:
A Train in Winter: An Extraordinary Story of Women, Friendship, and Resistance in Occupied France - Caroline Moorehead
(I had no idea the guillotine was used during World War II.)
The Needle’s Eye - Margaret Drabble
Sanctuary Line – Jane Urquhart
The Forgotten Waltz – Anne Enright
The Sense of Ending – Julian Barnes
A Widow for One Year – John Irving
(Such a delightful surprise – thought I’d already read it – hadn’t!)
The Weird Sisters – Eleanor Brown
(Being one of three sisters, the title caught my eye)
photo credit: google images