Sunday, March 22, 2009

Inanity


VE of VE’s Fantastical Nonsense tagged me with a meme that involves noting six things or habits about myself that are of no importance. I’m assuming this means of no importance to anyone else because of course everything I do is important to me. (At least nine times out of ten.)

VE changed the rules when he did the meme. I’m following his lead in changing things up primarily because I don’t know what the original rules are.

(Note – I vowed last December I would no longer take part in memes, tags, awards, etc. – not because I dislike them but because I suffer such angst passing them along. Whom do I choose?? What if they don’t want to do it?? I’m making an exception in this case because although my brain is currently running on empty, I’d like to keep my hand (or foot) in the blogging world rather than disappearing from the scene.)

I’ve listed eight things – two of which are false. I’m curious as to how well people who read my blog think they know me. If you feel so inclined, try to guess the two items for which I am a liar, liar, pants on fire…


1. I have never eaten a hash brownie.

2. My singing voice is quite good.

3. I have ridden a galloping horse across a field.

4. I have been stuck in an elevator (and within a matter of seconds felt the urge to visit the loo).

5. I own one dress.

6. I have patted the ear of an elephant.

7. I will pick the peas out of anything served to me.

8. I have yelled at a police officer.


Sorry – there are no prizes for being correct other than a fleeting moment of satisfaction as to being right about something that is of no importance…


Okay, now for the hard part. For me. Hate doing this, hate having to choose…

(In alphabetical order.)

AMC – Because his blog posting is even more erratic than mine. And while I don’t think he’ll actually do it, it’s worth a shot. He can be very amusing.

Beth – Because she’s funny, willing to “tell all” and I figure her list will be a hoot.

Oreneta – Because she’s a good sport and has led such a fascinating life it will be difficult to spot her falsehoods.

The Bodhi Chicklet – Because she’s (still) a fairly new and wonderful blog find and I’d love to know more about her. Even her lies. (I know you’re on vacation this week…)

Trish – Because she is such a sweetheart (so much “nicer” than me!) and I’m betting she can surprise us all with her list.

20 comments:

Sherry said...

I think # 5 and # 7 are false...but you know me -- I live to be wrong!! lol!!!

oreneta said...

OK...I can totally believe that you have yelled at a cop.

patting the ear of an elephant, yeah I believe that too. You've had kids, done those elephant rides somewhere....

Being stuck in an elevator, if you were, everyone would feel the urge to pee....

I'm going to go with 1 and 3

oreneta said...

OH! and I'll play along, no problem.

Maggie May said...

oh dear. i don't know which could be lies! the singing voice and the hash brownies :)

Anonymous said...

"2, 4, 6, 8 who do we (I) appreciate??" Bethie!! I'll go with # 2 and #4. Do I win a prize?

Beth said...

To All:
I'll let you know the correct answers (or lies) later. If anyone else decides to "play" I'd be giving it away if I replied to each of you!

Anonymous said...

2 and 3 hands down.

Angel said...

oh the PRESSURE!!!!!

I've already spilled my whole life on the internet soooo...

1. I can bend my thumb back to touch my wrist

2. I do a really good British accent

3. I secretly (?) love Bad Boys, even tho I'm married to a cop

4. I can stick a pencil wayyyyy up my nose

5. when I was younger, I thought I might be gay. I made out with all my girlfriends in the neighborhood. we would play "house" and I always had to be the guy. I didn't mind so much.

6. when I grow up, I wanna be President

Angel said...

Oh, and I think you own more than 1 dress and you've NEVER yelled at a police officer!!!

Lainey-Paney said...

ONE dress?? Really??
one?

Lainey-Paney said...

surely the one dress thing is a lie....

Anonymous said...

nobody owns only one dress.
and i have no idea what it means to pick peas out of everything served to you. so that's probably true.
but logically, to me it's false. not everything has a pea in it. perhaps you meant kernel?
laffs to sherry lee, who says she lives to be wrong.
i know the feeling.

Cipriano said...

Beth, such an interesting posting.
My guesses are that #3 and #5 are falsifications.

My criteria are, #3 sounds the most like a thing you would WANT to do, and maybe have not done.
[Have you ever seen the ending of that movie Nights In Rodanthe? Wasn't that grand, the horses on the beach at the end?]

And #5.... well... because I'm a guy, and even I have more than one dress!

The Author Of This said...

I don't believe you own 1 dress, not for a moment. You're a chick, dresses, handbags and shoes are your thing. Not always all 3, but at least 1. And I've not got you down as a bag lady.

Also going to go for the singing. If I'm wrong, which I hope I am, I think we should all have video proof that you can indeed sing. Youtube gold coming up.

I'm not erratic! Just regularly irregular!

Attila the Mom said...

The thought of you eating a hash brownie has me giggling. I'm going to pick that one!

megan said...

I've driven in the car with you while we've belted out songs, and although I love ya, I gotta say #2 is an outright lie. (what we both lack in pitch, we make up for with enthusiasm, though!!)
I totally believe #5 (thus the raids on my closet!) I've watched you pick peas (even finding a lone hidden one).
Without totally blowing your cover, I'll go with you never having galloped on a horse.
Great fun - kudos!

Cid said...

Okay, so I can't believe you have ever yelled at a poice officer, good Canadians don't and I agree with almost everyone else that you couldn't possibly only own one dress - maybe one for each season. You know, both of them - winter and hazy, hot and humid, otherwise known as summer in TO.

Ed & Jeanne said...

Ok, I have no idea but I'm going to guess #2 and #8 are false. #2 because most people don't like their singing voice and #8 because you seem too sweet to actually yell at a cop.

Now I'll peruse your comments and see if the answers are there...

Mrsupole said...

I just had to check your answers and since this new meme started with me bugging VE, then I am so glad that everyone is having fun with it. I would not try to guess, but think this is a lot of fun to try and have everyone guess.

God bless.

Bee said...

I just saw this, and oh dear, I've just sent you a meme -- and an award. (Very difficult and worrying to give out, I agree!)