Interesting. In a recent post some people commented that they found it difficult to believe I can be grumpy.
Oh, yeah, I can. Believe it.
Apparently I’ve been (unintentionally) misleading readers as to my character since October 2006. It ain’t so sterling.
Just so you know I am not perfect (not even close) here are some of my flaws.
1. I have quite a temper. When it does emerge (thankfully, not too often) it can erupt quickly and loudly. Other times I do a slow burn – simmer – and then erupt. You do not want to be on the receiving end of the latter version.
2. I am quite capable of holding a grudge. Yes, I “forgive those who trespass against me…” but I do not forget. The “grudgee” may never know I am still “grudging.”
3. As do many females, I use the word “fine” when I mean precisely the opposite. I know this is frustrating to any male trying to interpret the female mood. (Guys – some hints. Concentrate on tone of voice, body language, facial expression and the particular circumstances. If the “I’m fine” is accompanied by a shoulder shrug, you’re in trouble.)
4. I swear - which I have previously admitted to. Granted, I do so only in the presence of those who will not faint from shock upon hearing those words come out of my mouth.
5. I will use silence as a weapon. I know this one can be deadly. I don’t even like doing it. I sometimes wonder if reverting to silence is actually a coping mechanism.
6. If you hurt my kids in any way, you will end up dealing with ME. And it won’t be pretty. Of course, my mother-bear-protecting-her-cubs routine occurred more often when they were younger.
I once let loose in a police station.
I’m still amazed they didn’t lock me up.
(Long story, long ago – sorry, no details.)
7. I am frequently underestimated due to that “nice” rep of mine. This works to my advantage. The enemy is caught off guard. (Gotcha!)
Bottom line, I’m human – grumpy times, temper and all.
Appearances are deceiving – in both the “real” and virtual worlds.
As promised, I’m posting the memoirs of all those who “played with me.” Thanks for playing!
Mrs. G.: It's Monday morning and I'm happy.
Sherry: strong, spiritual, living an undefeated life
Megan: Learn, grow, teach, mind, worry, smile.
All Mod Cons:
Shari: Positive, silly, hope, growth, simple, sharing.
Forgiving past mistakes,
and loving today.
Charlotta-love: Live to the fullest: no regrets.
VE: What the hell was he thinking?
La La: Do all to stand. Stand firm.
Anonymous: Laugh, learn, lust, live, love, lie (flat).