Sunday, December 09, 2007
Because It's All About Me...
Post Script To My Last Post: To all who actually believe I am hosting a Christmas party – give your heads a collective shake! I haven’t been out of the house in a week. Although I do like my “bring a gift” idea. Pure genius.
I was tagged by Psychgrad of The Blogging Wagon to share 7 random and/or weird facts about myself.
This tag came at an opportune time because my brain is still not functioning at full capacity and I decided to cheat. Yes, cheat. I’m going to use some (not all) of the random facts I posted way back in time when my readership was, um, – how shall I say this and be kind to myself? – not quite at the level it is today.
(To anyone who recognizes these facts, bless you for still being with me.)
1. I have been known to *ahem* emit a burp (or two) at the dinner table. Never with company and never as a guest at someone’s home or in a restaurant. I know my manners but I happen to believe that burping is good for you.
2. I carry loose change in my pockets for the homeless — those who beg on the streets. I don’t care if they buy booze and cigarettes with this money.
3. I usually eat Cornflakes or Shreddies (healthy stuff) but occasionally indulge with Sugar Crisp Cereal. When I do, I add brown sugar. Many people find this appalling and/or crazy. I don’t care. I love the taste of brown sugar.
4. I absolutely detest intolerance of any kind — racial, religious, sexual — you name it. I either get furious, sad or extremely, deathly silent when I encounter it.
5. I keep my finger nails cut short. Yes, my nails are healthy and strong but I fidget with them when they get too long. And I don’t wear nail polish because it makes my fingers sweat. (I think that’s all in my head, but, nevertheless, my fingers do get sweaty).
6. Although I consider myself an intelligent woman, I can be naïve beyond belief. (Or “out of it.” I prefer naïve.) Ask my children. I am a reliable source of laughter for them. (Right guys? Cougar, BFF, FUBA….)
7. I own the infamous pregnant Midge doll – you know, Barbie’s best friend and the one Wal-Mart pulled from its shelves in 2002 for being inappropriate? My sister gave it to me for my birthday that year to make up for the fact our mother tossed ALL MY BARBIE, KEN AND MIDGE DOLLS while I was away at university. Nothing can make up for that travesty. (Thanks anyway, Zig.)
So, there you go….
These facts are really more random than weird, right? ‘Cause I know there are some people who consider me to be (at times) nucking futs. I thought of asking these people for some tips as to weird facts but thought better of it. I’m a little sensitive these days.
I’m going to tag the following people:
Here are the tag rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
(This is a fairly long post but I’m still not 100% back in action. It took me a few days to write it. Please ignore any mistakes.)