Saturday, July 14, 2007

Uh-oh

Busted. For being sweet and nice. (See prior post.)

Mea culpa.

I bought a thank you gift for my surgeon. (The young woman who looks about 18 years old – and who laughed when I told her post-op that I wanted to adopt her.)

Hey, I’m alive and healthy, right? She did a great job. A little show of appreciation seemed entirely appropriate.

I saw her last week. And while I’d already passed the official recovery date and knew I felt good, it was great having my recovery confirmed by the doctor. (She kind of has more expertise in the matter.)

So now I have the go-ahead to resume a normal life.

(Whatever that may be…)

Beth’s orders (not the doctor’s):

Take five seconds to be thankful for your health. It may not be absolutely ship-shape, but if you’re functioning at your usual “normal” capacity - be grateful.


P.S. I’m saving my inner evil urgings for another day.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, a thank-you gift for a doctor who has helped make life healthier and more comfortable is a nice gesture and there is never anything wrong with that.

Glad you are back in your feet.

Beth said...

trish:
Those "nice" gestures are so ingrained - and rightfully so. She certainly deserved a little something extra for her skill and empathy - a great combo in a doctor.

Anonymous said...

I think it was the perfect thing to do! Sounds like it was well deserved, and it means a lot to doctors/nurses etc. Good ones should be given a little extra, especially if they make you feel better physically and emotionally. Rare combination for doctors these days.
Glad you are feeling better.

Beth said...

eileen:
It is a rare combination. I was so lucky. And I'm feeling great - thanks.

oreneta said...

A thank you gift seems fair and I must say that I agree about saying thanks for health. It's about as valuable as things get.

Beth said...

oreneta:
I'm still at that stage where I'm thankful every day (you know, like after you've had a rotten cold for a week or so?). I'm hoping I don't go back to taking things granted.

Cipriano said...

Good posting!
Health!
I think that it is something that most of us soooooooo take for granted. When you feel well, not a thought is given to it. But the first ache or pain, WOW..... how relevant it becomes!
I am glad to hear that you are feeling fine fine, and recieivng a good report from your young hottie-nurse!

Beth said...

cip:
Here's to good health!

And, hey, did I say she was a hottie??

(How's your Lolita search going?)