Thursday, July 12, 2007
I’ve been tagged by AMC (AKA Anonymous) to list eight things about myself.
I find these random list tags intriguing - each tidbit reveals a little something about those who complete them. The clues are in the written word! Right up my alley.
The meme instructions:
1. Post the rules, then list eight things about yourself.
2. At the end of the post, tag and link to eight other people.
3. Leave a comment at those sites, letting them know they've been tagged, and asking them to come read the post so they know what to do.
I’ve decided to list my quirks and/or oddities. (Surely I can come up with eight?)
1. I wear my watch on my right wrist. I am right handed. I’ve been told that I should wear my watch on my left wrist. Never have. And short of losing my right arm, the watch will remain there. (Note - I never use the expression, “I’d give my right arm for that…”) When I received my first watch as a child – bingo – it went on my right wrist. I have no idea why. It felt right. Still does.
2. I hate wearing socks. I also hate wearing shoes. Being Canadian, this poses a bit of a problem in the winter. (In the summer - bare feet or flip flops.)
3. My pen of preference is a blue fine point. I’ll make do with others if I must but they just don’t feel right.
4. When I leave the house I do what my kids refer to as my “off, off, off… routine.” I must be sure everything that could possibly cause a fire or inexplicably explode is off. And, yes, I realize this is indicative of OCD. I live with it. (I’m not completely insane – a friend’s washing machine once got on fire. Shit happens.)
(I’m having difficulty thinking of other weird things - probably because they all seem perfectly normal to me.)
5. Oh, yeah. Here’s another one. I make lists. I keep a small pad of paper on the kitchen counter re: things I MUST DO. This would be quite acceptable except for the fact I also put up yellow post-its elsewhere as back-up. My mind is a sieve.
6. I still have my paper doll collection from when I was a kid. I’m sure it’s now worth millions of dollars. Unfortunately, my boys were never interested in it. I’m hoping for a grand-daughter. I will make her play with me.
7. I don’t like wearing jewelry. I do have some good pieces but usually forget to wear them. My ears are not pierced. The thought of putting holes in my ears makes me cringe. I don’t wear rings because I fidget with them. (And drive myself nuts.) I don’t wear nail polish because it makes my fingers sweat. (I think that’s all in my head, but, nevertheless, my fingers do get sweaty).
8. I hate clothes shopping. I suspect my genetic make-up is lacking in a certain female chromosome.
Okay, I’m on a role…but that’s quite enough. Thank God I’m only required to list eight. I’m beginning to think I’m strange.
And there’s a depressing theme emerging here. Perhaps I should write a book entitled:
“Feminine Traits – You Can Live Without Them”
Author – Elisabeth (Yes, I’m Female) Stewart
I’m not going to tag anyone because I find doing so extremely awkward.
What if they don’t want to be tagged??? What if they roll their eyes and emit a great big sigh because I’ve put them on the spot??
However, to anyone who is reading this - feel free to do this meme. It’s kinda fun to do. And let me know if you do it – I’ll put a link to your blog here.