Sunday, October 11, 2009
During my absence a week or so ago, the lovely apriliniowa of The Mezzanine tagged me with the Honest Scrap Award and while I don’t do memes anymore, I made an exception in this case. It came at a good time – my brain was too fuzzy to come up with any original blog post on my own and it gave me something to do.
Thank you, April.
The Honest Scrap Guidelines
1) Say thanks to the presenter of the award (Done!)
2) Share 10 Honest Things about yourself.
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design or those who have encouraged you and then inform them of such, of course.
1. I own very few pieces of jewelry and rarely wear any of them. The one piece I do occasionally wear is a silver locket.
2. I don’t like eating crusts and never made my kids eat theirs. Whenever I leave them on the plate (which is most of the time) I think of and miss my dog.
3. At the very first formal dance I ever attended (long dress, high heels, etc.) I tripped and fell flat on my face. Worse yet, at the time I was graciously making my way toward a guy I had a crush on. (No, not my date for the evening.) In my defense, an electrical cord had been haphazardly left on the dance floor. I still cringe when I remember this mishap.
4. I am unable to wear make-up due to my sensitive skin. What the world sees is the real me.
5. I am by no means a prude but if you tell an off-colour joke in my presence, chances are it will go right over my head. Having to explain these sort of jokes kind of takes the humour out of them. But we can laugh at me instead.
6. Old news with this one – I swear & curse and have no intention of trying to stop.
7. I dress for comfort (i.e. like a slob) at home but always change when going out in public.
8. If you hurt my feelings, I will not let you know. (With a few exceptions.)
9. Unlike April, who noted a vice on her list, I do not possess a single one. And since I am to be honest with this meme, I admit that the previous sentence is a lie. But I am not listing any of my vices. Use your imagination.
10. Being honest is not always the best policy. I believe that white lies make the world a kinder, gentler place.
I must now tag 7 other people. This is where my anti-meme bias kicks in. I just can’t do it. I cannot choose. All the blogs I read are deserving of such an award. I wouldn’t read them otherwise.
Anyone who would like to take a crack at being honest, consider yourself tagged and go for it.