Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Recent Bathroom Complaints (or Irrelevant Minutiae from Beth’s World)
1. A new tube of toothpaste that is VANILLA flavoured. Yuck.
(Thought I’d bought my usual mint flavoured toothpaste and that it had gone bad.)
2. A new jar (yes, a jar*) of conditioner with the directions: “Generally speaking, use once a week.” Generally speaking?? WTH? What kind of direction is that? I need and want specific instructions – with hair product and recipes.
(*Purchased from my hairdresser because it makes my hair feel soft and silky. Soft and silky goes a long way to compensate for lack of wave and/or curls.)
3. A bottle of Ibuprofen with an expiry date of November 2008.
(Wish I knew how precise these expiry dates are. Is there any leeway? Took a pill. Headache went away – due to an overly conservative expiry date or a placebo effect? Tossed the rest of the bottle.)
4. Water in bathtub not draining at an acceptable rate. While showering, standing in shallow lake. Removed drain stopper to clear drain. Cannot get stopper back in properly (it keeps partially closing) and thus, still standing in shallow lake but not quite as deep.
(Refuse to call repairman for such a minor job. Will try to reinsert drain stopper for the umpteenth time when not so pissed off at myself.)
5. Cleared out cupboards below sink and above laundry hamper approximately two months ago. Both now looking as cluttered and crowded as before.
(Who is buying all this unnecessary junk? For prime suspect, see point # 2.)
6. Vertical strip of wallpaper above mirror coming loose at the seam.
(Easy solution to this nagging problem – stop looking up there. Question – what makes me gaze up there in the first place?)
On a brighter note (and with a nod to Oreneta) the toilet is working just fine.