Thursday, March 08, 2007
The Origins of Beth's Blog
Inkygirl recently completed a “5 Reasons Why I Blog” meme and while she didn’t tag anyone, encouraged others to post about it on their blogs.
I’d do the “5 Reasons” meme but I’d already done something similar (a slightly different version of my own) and I’m too lazy to change the answers/wording.
Here’s my version.
Why I Started Blogging
1. Because Patricia of BookLust told me to.
2. As a means of practicing and improving my writing skills.
3. In the hope of becoming famous and having editors call me requesting my work. (Just kidding — sort of — but I have made new and wonderful contacts.)
4. Because the whole concept of blogging intrigued me. I’d been reading Patricia’s ever since I discovered her blog while searching for a cover artist. (I used her talent – she’s great.) And then I clicked on her links and discovered others. What kept these people going?
5. Because I was not only learning things from these blogs but enjoying the daily reads and so I thought, why not join? (Now I realize I was what is referred to as a lurker…)
6. This one is not a “because” — it’s a how I finally convinced myself to join the world of blogging. I figured if I didn’t like it, if no one ever read my blog, well, then I could always quit. Simple in — simple out.
Tomorrow’s post — “What I Have Discovered Through Blogging.”
Stay tuned. (Or not.)
And feel free to use either the “Why I Started Blogging” or the “5 Reasons Why I Blog” memes on your own blog.